- from Snow Falling on Cedars
1. How did the Imadas react to the FBIs visit?
2. From the FBIs standpoint, what was the real purpose behind this
trip to the Imada home? Explain.
3. How did Hatsue react to her mothers advice? Explain.
4. According to Fujiko, how did the hakujin and the Japanese differ?
Do you agree with her?
In what ways was Hatsues identity struggle similar to those
of other Japanese Americans at the time? Should she have followed her
mothers advice to embrace her Japanese purity or should she have
followed her American beliefs and her instinct to express herself?